Antique tire pressure gauges

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Antique tire pressure gauges
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 03:56 pm:

I have two gauges. One is made by US Gauge with the pressure going up to 80, and the other one is made be Yankee tire gauge, with the pressure going up to 50 Both are made for balloon tires. Just checking if any one knows which of the two would be more correct for a 24 model T
Also still looking for someone who could rebuild these type of gauges (Ford model A gauge)
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 02:16 pm:

We have a retired pressure gauge guy in the OC club. If you send me some info he'll be able to help you out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

Gene, I sent you a PM Thanks, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

Thanks Bill, Will forward and see what happens.
I don't see much other help so far here...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

A 24 Model T probably has 30 x 3 1/2 clincher tires. They require 60 pounds of pressure, to prevent them from sliding around in the rim and shearing off the valve stems. Therefore, the one that only goes to 50 would not be a good choice.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration