Found a TT On Our Drive Today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Found a TT On Our Drive Today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

Took our Coupe for a ride today. We drive by this garage quite often, but today the door was open. This is what we spotted. The license is 1936. He has it running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

What a fun discovery ! Odd bed, I don't think I've ever seen sliding doors on anything of that era. I could use that dump bed !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

I meant to say odd body . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

Great vehicle. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Good project!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

This kind of BS leads to people putting them back on the road, and that ain't
good in the eyes of the vinyl siding/"easy freeway access" crowd.

Stop him before he poisons the minds of youth !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 10:27 am:

He'll need tires. ;O)

Have him join us here! Looks like fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 11:07 am:

WOW that's an amazing find...Rich Eagles only finds pocket change, forks, and rebar! :-) but then again he gets to take his finds home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

The cab looks just like mine, sliding doors and all. See my profile picture. Does the owner know who made the cab? Martin Parry (Perry?) made a lot of them, but I've never seen mine in any of the catalogs. I'd really like to know who the manufacturer was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

Oh wait! Is that steel? Mine is wood. I had looked at the photos on my phone earlier and posted on a computer where the pictures show up better.:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

Dan I see he let you take several pictures, did you offer to help him get his hands dirty? It looks like you may have a new friend and that is the best thing about the "T" hobby :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Mother Nature has beautifully transformed that into a wonderful thing. Hi Dennis. Yogi Berra said "If you come to a fork in the road, take it". He didn't give us any advice on TT Trucks.
Being able to see these photos is a treat.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

That windshield mount looks like the protective plate of a blast furnace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

That brass is gonna need a lot of polishing. It is very rusty !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 07:39 am:

Burger, I don't believe Ford made TTs with brass radiators.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 11:13 am:

Warren,

Unless metallurgy has changed, brass doesn't rust either !

Place humor hat firmly on head, engage threads, and twist to tighten ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 11:50 am:

The radiator would be Brass and Copper. The Shell is Steel. I have leaned from forum posts that these details should be corrected.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 01:25 am:

Change it all to brass and sentence yourself to a life of hard labor polishing it ???

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration