Up for auction, what do you think?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Up for auction, what do you think?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Delancey on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 01:59 am:

https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/48663603_1925-ford-model-t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 05:20 am:

18% BUYER'S PREMIUM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 06:42 am:

Jonathan,

It's there in Pennsylvania, so if you have an easy drive, I would recommend you go take a look. Note it is a Canadian body. You can tell by the windshield where the lower pane is hinged and by the door on the left side of the car. It would be nice to know if the block, head, transmission cover and other parts have “Made in Canada” on them or not. Also it would be nice to know what the serial number is etc. Overall I like the appearance of that T. Caution, as Will Roger’s almost said, “I’ve never met a “T” I didn’t like.”

Nicholas,

It is early (I’m still on my first cup of caffeine) so I don’t know if an 18% buyer’s premium is considered normal or not. But as long as the final price including the buyer’s premium, transportation to my location, cost to get it into the condition I want, storage at my location etc. is reasonable then I am fine with a purchase. Note since I am married, I also need to make sure my wonderful wife is ok with it also. [Yes, she really is wonderful – she bought me a 1922 speedster a few years back. Has helped me turn wrenches outside in the snow in Iceland. Has driven the vulture truck when I have test drove the cars after working on them etc.] But the buyer needs to consider all of those factors. I had to pass on purchasing a rear seat section for a touring (a cut off could use one of those). It was priced a little high but by the time I factored in the cost of getting it shipped or going to pick it up over a 1000 miles away it just didn’t make good sense anymore. If I had been within 200 miles of it, I would have purchased it, tossed it in the pickup and brought it home.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard lee on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 06:43 am:

Estimate of 10 to 25,000 and it isn't even a brass T. Must be a real dandy thats for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 07:38 am:

Richard,

I think they are optimistic with the lower price range and very optimistic with the higher end of that price range.

One nice thing about an auction, unless there is a reserve price, that car will clearly sell. And of course that is why it is important to do some research before you bid at an auction or purchase a car from an individual etc.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Delancey on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

Sold for 5750. Not to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

Not a bad price, but that sure is some miserable upholstery. Maybe that's why it sold cheap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 03:57 pm:

Nicholas, some call it "buyer's premium." I call it an "idiot tax." Anyone who pays someone to try to jack every last nickel out of them deserves it. Under the second name.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration