Sambo pull start on ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sambo pull start on ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 08:34 am:

Has anybody on here scene the sambo starter for non electric cars? New Old Stock with paperwork. It is on eBay now.
http://r.ebay.com/bLgUmb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 09:55 am:

That's nice gadget, I wonder what would happen if the engine kicked back with it. I remember once a lawnmower had a bent key and it kicked back at me and left my arm black and blue where the handle hit me going back in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 10:20 am:

The testimonials are all very good and maybe in a much less corrupt time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Less corrupt? Flimflam, chicanery, and fraud in the form of bogus products and unconscionable business practices have always been with us. Read Upton Sinlcair and Samuel Hopkins Adams.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 11:03 am:

That's a really cool accessory. I'd love to have it, but I bet it will sell for almost as much as I paid for my first Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 11:05 am:

That is one cool accessory! Now all I need is a 1915 T to put it on to! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 03:42 pm:

I'll sell you a 16touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:18 pm:

I believe that is a "Sandbo" starter. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:38 pm:

I bet that goes for a pretty penny

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:47 pm:

Yes Sandbo indeed , my bad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

We haven't heard from Jay yet because he's busy trying to decide which of his 4th and 5th duplicates of his accessories he's going to sell.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 08:13 pm:

It's amazing that the ad is for a "Sambo" starter when three out of the five pictures posted clearly show the name "Sandbo" spelled out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 08:31 pm:

Tim .... It's like there are about seven ways to spell "Ruckstell", right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

Damn auto correct changes sandbo to sandbox or sambo every time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 10:01 am:

I once rode in a car that had a similar starter to this, it worked quite well, especially after a stall in an intersection. Some will poo poo it as a "lawn mower" starter, but it's a neat item.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard lee on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

HASN'T THE WORD Sambo been outlawed by the PC crowd?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Steve Jelf . "Just as my Grand daddy used to say, just before they sprung the trap, You can't cheat an honest man, never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump" W.C.Fields

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Ed that is a cool photo, but I notice that there is a plate blocking the front so it doesn't look like you could crank it without the cable! Very interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

Ed that is a cool photo, but I notice that there is a plate blocking the front so it doesn't look like you could crank it without the cable! Very interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Sold for over $1,500! I bought my first T for $1,100.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

Hope someone here purchased it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 08:57 am:

"Holy Batman Crap!" $1528.33, and 29 bids. Must be nice to be able to use "Benjamin's" as butt wipe. :-)

Looks like I need to get with Loyd's of London to insure our extensive Accessory collection if that's what this stuff brings these day's!!

Eric, Bought our 27 speedster for 1,200 from a friend about 15 years ago and it still runs great!

Note to Dan, YES! but no brass ring this time.

Hopefully the buyer will share the install with us or at least copies of all the paperwork.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

Nice '13 with the original boot showing the correct style "flap fastener". Glad I had that put on my new one from Classtique, even if it did cost over a hundred more.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration