For A Ford Spark plug

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: For A Ford Spark plug
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

How many of you have ever seen one of these? I can't find much about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

Like timers, I think there must have been hundreds of brands for the Model T. I don't think I've seen this one before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

It is NOS, I'VE HAD A LOT OF PLUGS BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS ONEPicture 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

Pic 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

Nobody with any info?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

I'm not sure what you want to know. Like Steve said, it is one of dozens and dozens, if not hundreds of Model T specific plugs made in the late teens and twenties.

The For-A-Ford plugs are a little more unusual then some, but not rare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 05:13 am:

Thanks Chris I have had hundreds of plugs and never until now one of these, perhaps it is due to the price back then?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 07:25 am:

Too cool. The shape of the insulator makes it look "beefy". A set of those sure would look good in a TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

Very cool plugs!! I never see the old ones around here!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Got quite a few Ford plugs in my collection. Here are a few.
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Here are a few more
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 07:32 pm:

And, a few more. Need to get busy and take a few more pictures. There were literally thousands of different plugs produced over the years. Every small town garage, auto parts store, hardware store, etc had plugs branded with their own logos. That's what makes plug collecting fun as so many were distributed only in small local areas. Of course half inch pipe thread plugs were not only made for use in the Model T fords!
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

Wow. Terry those are great. I never see any that nice on T bay. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 04:53 am:

Cool collection thanks for sharing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 06:00 am:

I just got this plug for the name recognition, 1939 production.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration