FL - 7600 miles covered & (5) Model T's delivered safe and sound .... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: FL - 7600 miles covered & (5) Model T's delivered safe and sound .... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

A record back to back Model T hauling trip for me ...

Five Model T's in a row safely transported starting in California & ending today in Florida.

7600 total miles driven ....

I have now safely transported over 100 Model T vehicles to date .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By robert steinmetz on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

THANKS JIM FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND DELIVERING OUR MODEL T SAFELY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

Great job Jim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

This trip started with Richard's 1915 Model T Roadster Pick Up in Sacramento, CA ...

It went to 13 year old Blaze in Kingwood, TX ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

Next ....

The same family that bought that T bought a 1920 Model T Center Door - so off to Tyrone, GA from Kingwood, TX to pick it up - then back to Kingwood, TX to drop it off .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

Next ...

I get to visit John & Possum Lodge in Conroe, TX
when I picked up his 1924 Touring T he sold to George in Warsaw, IN ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

I bet that goes for a pretty penny.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:37 pm:

Oops posted to the wrong thread. Nice job transporting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:38 pm:

Then I headed up to Janesville, WI to pick up a 1922 Model T Touring headed to my last stop on the trip - which was today in Melbourne, FL.

That image comes last - but I stopped earlier today at Walmart in West Melbourne ....

Some guy spotted me from across the parking lot,
turns out it was Will with his 1919 Model T Touring .... :-)

We visited & I took a short video of his Model T.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 04:41 pm:

After Janesville, WI I headed over to Monroeville, OH to meet Tim & pick up his 1915 Model T Touring he sold to Bob in Santa Fe, TX ...

Next I headed to Santa Fe, TX to drop off that car to Bob .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 05:02 pm:

And finally ....

Bob & Theresa take delivery of their 1922 Model T Touring today in West Melbourne, FL.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

Whew! What a schedule! Wow, that '15 Touring sure looks great. Wish I had one like that. Oh wait, I DID have one like that...ha ha...that's the one!!! Enjoy her Bob!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Freighter Jim,

Thanks for sharing the story and photos. So many Ts to new owners. And thank you for all your transport and other support to our museum!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

So, Im coming out of my local WalMart and I see this long trailer about mid way in the parking lot and what do I see the but the outline of a touring car Model T in it! I yell out, Hey what ya got in that trailer? I walk up to him and he told me a model T. I point over to mine and say, It looks just like mine and I point over to my car. At that point I think we were both amazed! So to shorten the story I told my name and he his. So I finally got to meet the world famous Freighter Jim.

Bob and Theresa, Congrats on your new Model T. If you ever need help with it you know where I live. Don't ever feel your not welcome. I've been playing with Model T's for 20+ years. Maybe we can do some touring together someday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Will,

Thanks for checking out the T in my trailer.

It was a genuine pleasure to visit with you.

I put the video of your 1919 Touring on my FB page and on the MTFCA & Model T Ford Owners FB page too.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By robert steinmetz on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 08:49 am:

WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT ON HOW TO GET HER ROAD WORTHY. WOULD ENJOY DRIVING AROUND AS SOON AS I GET TIRES AND LEARN TO DRIVE IT. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 10:53 am:

Cool thread Jim, and the pics make it great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

Thanks Craig,

The streak continues ..

Just left Robert's house in Miami with his 1920 Model T Touring.

Headed to Dallas, TX with it to get a new engine installed.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

Well ....

What a way to end a streak of T deliveries .... :-)

Number 6 in a row was dropped off this morning in College Station, TX.

I had the pleasure of meeting " Mr. Model T " Ross Lilleker and visit his shop.

Robert had me bring his 1920 Model T Touring up from Miami, FL to have Ross put an engine in.

If you are in the area - you have to stop in and see this operation and meet Ross ....

A fitting end to a 10,000 mile plus trip .... :-)

Mr. T behind the wheel .....

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration