Clutch height

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Clutch height
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

What is the desired height of the clutch stack for the stock T 25 disk clutch? I've seen it somewhere but can't find it again. I'll be replacing the disks and most likely the spring as there were some slippage issues toward the end of this last season on my speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/461201.html?1405692926

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 06:17 pm:

1 1/8 inches

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

Thanks Mark & Mark.

I know about the 13/16" and 2" spring length adjustments. That's where I start out. The dimension I was missing was the 1 1/8" for the clutch stack.

I've been using a stock clutch in my speedster for most of it's life with a brief attempt at a Watts clutch that didn't hold. Unfortunately late this summer my stock clutch started to slip if I wasn't fairly gentle with the throttle (good running Fronty head had some impact on that). In spite of several readjustments, the problem persisted so later this week or early next the engine comes out and the clutch and spring come up for review. When assembled the spring measured 110 lbs at 2" and while the disks were definitely used all 25 were there. I'll be checking the spring again as well as the condition of the disks and thickness of the stack. Fortunately I and a couple of buddies have significant stacks of disks to choose from when this puppy goes back together.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration