Drive shaft to bushing clearance?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Drive shaft to bushing clearance?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 12:19 am:

What is the allowable range of drive shaft to bushing fit?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 12:44 am:

The book says .002 to .003 for a new installation, but up to .005 is permissible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 11:04 am:

Thank you Steve. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

I have put them together with more than that with no problems. I have faced the bushing but not reamed the diameter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

Remember the originals were babbitt and not bronze. I strongly suggest that you give the bronze bushing double the clearance that Steve posted above (as a minimum).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

Dan
Just curious why?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 12:46 am:

Thanks for asking Les. I was curious too!

Allan from down under

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 12:58 am:

Heat exchange expansion I would think.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration