Painting oil lamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Painting oil lamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

Do side and tail lamps get too hot for regular paint? Mine appear to have their original black paint. Was wondering if I can paint them with the same paint as the car. PPG acrylic urethane. The chimnies are brass, that would be the hottest part I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

Corey, your PPG should do fine. Doesn't get that hot around the black part. I think the urethane is even tougher than the acrylic enamel I painted my '13s with, and I've fired 'em up with no consequence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Ok good. Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration