Sidney, Australia, Model T Ford Clubs please come to the rescue!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sidney, Australia, Model T Ford Clubs please come to the rescue!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 07:19 am:

1924 four door model T originally from New York. The wood is not rotted and there is no rust, The car needs to be restored or would make a good candidate for a Rod project. Motor runs and the car drives pretty good. She is not pretty but she is solid.

The're only original once, don't let this fine car become a "Rod"! The present owners have no idea of the true value of this historic vehicle.

Happy motoring,

Warren

http://victoria.craigslist.ca/cto/5875754993.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 08:17 am:

Not Australia, it's in Canada, really close to Washington state, USA. From the pictures it doesn't look like it need much restoring and the price isn't all that bad considering CAD 9,000 would equal just USD 6,660 today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 08:39 am:

I certainly don't get the "not pretty" part. I'd roll the wheels off it !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 09:06 am:

I agree with Gary, if it runs nicely and safely it would be a great car for touring. I love our 26 Fordor and that price seems reasonable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 09:06 am:

I'd say anybody shopping for a T in the Seattle/Vanvouver area should take a ferry ride and go check it out. If it lives up to the photos, that's not a bad price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 09:09 am:

I wish this was on the other side of Canada!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 09:15 am:

Looks to be a T that was restored partially or an older frame up restoration. The owner mentioning 'rod' scares me when he's selling a T in this good of condition.

That car could be cleaned up and made a very nice T to jump in and drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

Criminy!
The bud vase is identical to the one in my '24 coupe.
I almost wish I could afford it. Although, if I had that much money, I would probably already have spent it by now on something else.
It does look pretty nice for the price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois,Aldergrove BC,Can. on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

From the tag on the license plate it was insured last year I think. Wish I had more room in my new shop. Wife would kill me though.
It's about 2-3 hrs away.
Hope someone in the T community takes a stab at it.
PaulB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 11:19 pm:

Wayne grab this one quick.. Is the asking price Canadian Dollars. I just paid 138 CDN for 100 US

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 11:31 pm:

On a mildly technical note: Sidney in Australia is actually Sydney.

Does look like a very nice car and, if it was in Sydney, I'd be on it.

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 05:55 am:

Also a technical note: Since the original poster wanted to save a car in Victoria, supposedly Australia, why didn't he direct this to the gents in the Melbourne club who may have been closer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Tom,

This reminds me of the way chocolate chip cookies i.e. Toll House cookies came about. Someone made an honest mistake..-- or assumption ro modification..and it turned out for good (at least I really like chocolate chip cookies).

Ref: http://www.women-inventors.com/Ruth-Wakefield.asp

"In 1930, [Ruth] Wakefield was mixing a batch of cookies for her roadside inn guests when she discovered that she was out of baker's chocolate. She substituted broken pieces of Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate, expecting it to melt and absorb into the dough to create chocolate cookies. That didn't happen, but the surprising result helped to make Ruth Wakefield one of the 20th century's most famous women inventors. When she removed the pan from the oven, Wakefield realized that she had accidentally invented "chocolate chip cookies.""

Or Warren may be like me -- I didn't know the name of a nearby Model T club in Australia. And while I have Googled several of them in the past and visited their web sites -- I'm just bad with names.

But either way -- I'm glad it was posted. Or T folks in Northwest corner of the continental USA or Southwest corner of Canada might not have found out about interesting Fordor for sale in Canada not too far from the state of Washington.

So I think it turned out well for many of us. And as mentioned above, if the car turns out to be as nice as the photos - it should be a nice car to have. Especially where the weather is a little cooler.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 07:16 am:

Hap, thank you for your support. You have it exactly right, my only intention was to bring attention to this T and hope that someone would rescue it before it was turned into a rod. My mistake was that in my haste, I didn't look closer at the map. If I had I would have realized that it was indeed located in beautiful British Columbia. As my wife likes to say "it's a poor day when you don't learn something new", so this post has been a good one for me.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 10:48 am:

Darn you Hap! Now I want some toll house cookies and I can't fit into my jeans now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

Warren H, No worries. Thank you regardless. If I could afford it, I would consider looking into it. I love my coupe (and its bud vase!), but have since become lacking in adequate seat space and would like a sedan if I could afford it.
Keep up the good fight! You are one of the hobby's good ambassadors.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Pretty four door! I'd drive it.
Oh oh, no side lamps?... :-)
What the hell (heck) is a bud vase? I should know.
:-)
Oh! The vase!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 08:25 pm:

Presume a bud vase is a small glass vase to hold a small flower such as the early Volkswagens did.
If the asking price of 9k is in Canadian dollars, that would be about 7k in US dollars. But you'd have to deal with the hazzle of importing it from Canada and all the paperwork involved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 08:00 am:

Wayne, thank you for your support and kind words, I'm sure no harm was meant. Back in the late seventies and eighties I was an owner/operator 'over the road" truck driver and made many trips over Donna Pass. Wayne, you live in some very beautiful country.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 10:14 am:

Hap and Warren,

I was not trying to offend. I was merely mentioning the Melbourne club as a shout out and was hoping to elicit comments from regular posters such as Warwick, Frank, and David. My own car sports a front license plate from Victoria from when that club took me under their wing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

Tim, I know you were not trying to offend myself or anyone else and I thank you for your correction. I think we all agree that the T needs to be kept from being turned into a rod.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

Tom,

Thanks for all your support! One of the problems with computers is we can't see the person's facial expressions etc. And then of course sometimes I post something before I've finished my cup of caffeine etc. But I think we all are working to help promote our hobby and I appreciate you and your support!

Dennis,

Thank you for the suggestion -- I think I'll go look and see if I can find a chocolate chip cookie in the kitchen.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration