I guess brass radiators are really valuable

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: I guess brass radiators are really valuable
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Cruising Craigs list

http://ocala.craigslist.org/pts/5865933753.html
he only wants $1500 for it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

It was listed here and on ebay also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

It would be worth something if you could actually identify the correct vehicle for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 05:17 pm:

There is a lot of stuff like this that is "so rare it has very little value". If it fits something that there are only a couple dozen of, and none of the owners needs a radiator, you would have to just about give it away to move it.

If its similar in size to Model T & A radiators, its worth $35 at the scrap yard and that is where it is very likely to end up after years of trying to sell it and/or decades of storing it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Don't be too hard on the Seller ....

It takes real talent to do a black paint blend ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 06:11 pm:

It appears to be similar to the radiator on a Model, N, R, or S Ford. Too dark in the photo to see if there is a Ford script wing mustache at the top tank. What other cars had a water pump located like the Model N?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Adam, excellent point.

I found a Rickenbacker headlight lens in a Model A headlight bucket, and there are only 30 or so cars known to exist today. I listed it for sale and I had interest from one guy who wanted it as a spare. He pointed out just what you said, that all of them already had headlight lenses so the value is very low.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

The guy that has this radiator for sale is just a turn and churner. He buys and sells or at least tries to sell mostly at inflated prices. He lists over and over on Ebay and other venues. He has a couple of listings on ebay now one he calls early brass era car which is questionable to it's parentage.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration