Old photo non T girl changing a tire

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old photo non T girl changing a tire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

She will probably find it easier to remove the tire if she uses a jack.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

She found that out . . .

What make is the car ? Anyone ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 09:50 pm:

I'm pretty sure it's a Dodge.

Clues:

distinct fender
high headlight
five lug rim
bulbous hubcap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Henry, she's on the ball. It's much easier to loosen the lug bolts while the car is still on the ground.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

She could also be finishing putting the new tire on, since it's neither jacked up nor flat. And, as Allan says, it would be easier to TIGHTEN the bolts with the wheel on the ground, too. Of course, she might just be posing for a cute picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

Six lugs on that rim (one behind her hand)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

a Dodge Brothers ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 11:43 pm:

At least she's posing for a cute picture. There was one girl changing a tire and it was pretty racy for 1936, and not the car. At least the song was from 1936, I found the pics on a you tube video by Cliff Carlisle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

Gil's the one who's on the ball ! Position of her right hand indicates she's probably tightening the lugs, and she probably didn't change that tire, the pose might have been a reminder for drivers to give their cars a "pre-flight check" regularly . . . and it IS a cute picture !

(I think Erik's right - it's a Dodge !)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 11:51 pm:

Some DB wheels had 6 lugs. Taper of radiator shell makes me think about 1918.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 05:42 am:

I don't think it would have been to hard for her to get help changing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 05:46 am:

I don't think it would have been to hard for her to find help changing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 06:59 am:

Probably learning to drive. It used to be part of learning to drive that you had to know how to change a tire.no cell phones or AAAA for help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 08:25 am:

She looks to be of "substance"..nice dress (of course, they only wore dresses then), very nice wool coat with no doubt real fur collar, probably patent leather gloves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 08:33 am:

Corey, this is for you:

as seen on Facebook.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 09:14 am:

Bill, That was the other picture in the slideshow on you tube. One video of the same song just shows a record label, it says Montgomery Ward, electrically recorded then something about not for radio broadcast. Maybe they couldn't play The Nasty Swing on the air? Cliff Carlisle sounded a lot like Jimmie Rodgers. I guess I start my music listening in the Model A era with Jimmie in 1928.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 09:34 am:

I did have a biography of Jimmy with a picture of him first starting out in a brass T loaded with stuff. Already an old car by 1927, but I gave the book back. I found him with a fancy Model A.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration