Pre'17 fan blade dimesions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Pre'17 fan blade dimesions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Hi,
Can anybody give me the diameter of the pre '17 radiator cooling fans please?
The early riveted ones. Wing tip to wing tip.
Thanks & Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 12:15 am:

13" or 33CM approx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 12:40 am:

Rob, the arms and shafts are available from the vendors. I have a surplus brass hub fan. It is an early one with the deep ribs pressed in the blades. I have AU$130 on it. Later ones with the lesser ribs are usually cheaper, and steel hub ones cheaper again. The steel hub ones are usually in better order, as the brass hubs wear quite thin.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 01:02 am:

Thank You for your answers Mark and Allan,
I think I mentioned in the other thread that I started, that I have a new 20-26 sealed alloy fan hub that I want to use. I also have a late fan that I'm now quite happy to trim down to the older fans size, now that I know what it is.
I've ordered the early fan arm and I have a selection of belts here.....I'm sure I've got one that'll fit.
Thanks again.
Cheers,
Rob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration