I like it I like it I really like it ....“MACKENTHUN & BACH / OYSTERS / SHUCKED IN BALTIMORE / 522 W LEXINGTON ST”

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: I like it I like it I really like it ....“MACKENTHUN & BACH / OYSTERS / SHUCKED IN BALTIMORE / 522 W LEXINGTON ST”
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

1915 Ford A unique relic of Baltimore history and the Oyster business history of the Chesapeake Bay area.

1915 Model T Ford panel/delivery truck with the original untouched wooden body with the original advertising in gilt on each side.

“MACKENTHUN & BACH / OYSTERS / SHUCKED IN BALTIMORE / 522 W LEXINGTON ST”

Baltimore Oyster Business

The Original Wooden Body was removed and left untouched while all running gear was rebuilt with mostly original parts.
Runs and drives great. Less than 25,000 original miles. Warehoused circa 1921.

The present owner is a relative of Henry Bach, the original owner.

Henry Bach (b.1867) Baltimore, Maryland. / Henry MacKenthun (b.1876) Baltimore, Maryland. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112207895333?ul_noapp=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

Very nice!!!! Thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

That color is the black is what I've wanted to use for chassis color when I saw a pic posted earlier this year. Gorgeous Ford!
I got over-ruled.
Norrie, thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 05:12 am:

Yes I really like it. We are so lucky for this example to have survived.

Norrie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Judging by the Ebay listing it looks like the British pound has dropped in value against the U.S. Dollar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 10:39 am:

Wasn't this oyster hauler posted on eBay previously for $100K+? I know it's been discussed here before

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 01:10 pm:

Cool as all get out, but 40 thousand?? Whew!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration