Motometer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Motometer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

I am running a Motometer. Where should the red be for normal temp? While I was running my first set if test runs the temp would stop in the middle of the top bubble. Is that too hot? At what point should I be worried?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

Steve, that's perfectly fine. Your T will let you know if its unhappy temp wise, by blowing out steam and coolant from the overflow tube.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

Yup. If it's blowing steam and coolant it's unhappy. If it's not - everything is fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

On a side note Steve, Its amazing how timing/fuel mixture can influence the temp your T runs at. You can actually see the difference on your Motometer while driving, and adjust it accordingly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

Gauges vary a little. In the summer in North Alabama mine will read a little below the window/black line. In the fall and winter, maybe a quarter inch from the bottom to half way up to the black line. I am running a new Berg radiator and 160 thermostat (no water pump). After awhile you will learn what is normal for your car. And as other have said, if you don't get her boiling over and steam, you are OK. The purpose of gauges is to notice trends or readings out of what is normal.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration