1920s Ford Motor Car Advertising Film

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1920s Ford Motor Car Advertising Film
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 12:00 am:

Don't remember ever seeing this here before. Very cool stuff, including parallel parking a T in the city. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnnjmj2UdRs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 07:22 am:

Great video!

A lot of different models shown.

I wish the frame counter wasn't in the picture.

The service station visit is interesting with the attendant and his coin changer on his belt and gas pump. He checks the oil with the hand rod so he doesn't have to bend.

The last minute or so of the film shows all the interior features available, dash light, windshield wiper, crank windows, rear view mirror, door pockets, dome light, and visor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 07:34 am:

Great stuff !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Glenn Fisher III on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 07:42 am:

Love the video. My mother (80ish) drives in the city just like they did back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 08:56 am:

Fast and quick stops??????
Good one!!!!
What a salesman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 08:56 am:

Great video thanks for posting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 09:37 am:

This is a great find. Thanks for finding this for us John. What I found is the most interesting, is the dash light and windshield wiper was available in 1924! I wonder who those Ford executives are in the Ten Millionth? I think I did see Edsel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 10:14 am:

John,

Very much enjoyed looking at that ...

" Genuine Ford Parts " .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 11:21 am:

Some of those driving habits must have been 'inherited' by what we see today? Good film, thanks for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Thanks John for posting this,great film.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

Canada car? Left door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Simmering, Afton, TN on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

Great video! I've never seen door pockets on a 24 closed car. Have I missed something?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

Great video and the paint on the cowl is as shinny as a new car today. Most people say the had bad paint on them... not in that picture. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

One of the blackboard quotes: By saving time in covering distances, I bring a closer relationship among friends and dear ones.

And I tell my wife that we will be much closer if we go on a Model T tour. Just the opposite of the quote above (no time saving here!). I think that she agrees by default, just to please (or appease) me.

Im proud that she puts up with my obsession!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 11:22 am:

What happened to the Ten Millionth Ford? Did anyone notice the engine is painted a light color?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

My Grandmother had one of those operator jobs for Bell Telephone. She connected the wires to complete calls.

Grandma invested quite a bit of her income. Apparently they had amassed a small fortune in stock by the 80's or 90's, when Grandpa tried to convince her to sell. She didn't want to, and they lost out when everything was broken up into the baby bells.

Grandma and Grandpa used to drive Fords and Lincolns in the 50s and 60s. By the 70s, they were driving GM's. In the 90s, they had switched to Chrysler vans. One of the accomplishments I'm most proud of is bringing them back to FoMoCo by talking them into looking at the brand again. They were very happy with their last vehicle - a Lincoln MKX.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration