Sigh!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sigh!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 10:10 am:

About a week ago it was about 70 in the Detroit area. So warm, I drove my 14 to the theatre for performance.

Again, yesterday, it was close to 70. But, with the weekend forecast for below freezing temps and snow, I spent part of the day getting the T and the other cars ready for their hibernation.

Ah, well!!! Farewell, my lovely until the spring!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Dowell on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 10:30 am:

Come on Marty be a real Michigander snow does not stop a T.1919 Canadian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 10:35 am:

It was 83 in St. Louis on Thursday and today's high is going to be 47. Oh, well.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 10:38 am:

Not sure if these are for a T or not. :-)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920s-Model-T-Ford-Accessory-Snow-Skis-Wood-Set-Of-2-MS3 34-/311742147762?hash=item489547acb2:g:b~wAAOSwvzRXxiB-&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

Actually Ed, they go on a horse drawn carriage !!! You replace the wheels with these runners, work slicker than snot. I've got some and one complete set is NOS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Hey Dick, you coming on the Thanksgiving Parade?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 04:41 pm:

No, Steven. In addition to the usual family hubbub on Thanksgiving Day, Matthew and Reenee (who moved to STL a few months ago) are hosting Thanksgiving dinner at their apartment and Reenee's parents are coming in from Baltimore for the occasion. It will be normal Thanksgiving hectic times at least two.

I'll set the DVR to record whatever commercial they decide to show as the Model T Club drives past the cameras.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 07:08 pm:

Temps in north ga in the morning will be in the low 20s and wind chill will fell like 18-19 the weather man said but it was 68 yesterday so it feels cold with the wind now. Was going down to dad's in the morning in his unheated garage to weld on a model A sedan but thats off the list for me now. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

About 15 years ago we had an anniversary party on Turkey Day. Since then we have always gone out for thanksgiving with a friend or friends, to Cracker Barrel. Great price and always leave the waitress a good tip since she had to work the holiday and deserves a little bit extra for that. Makes us feel good and no dishes to wash.

If it wasn't below freezing up here we might have taken the T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Sigh!!!! Uh huh.
But there's always next month here in Minnesota. That's what I'm looking for and have had some NICE December days here in the frozen North!
Had my crappy '24 out on the ice some years back! Took a battery to my son's fish house for him... That was fun and I HATE water! Frozen or not!
Icky water got drained from one of mine on Thursday for the cool down. The other two I did just a couple days ago.
I hate to put them to bed too Marty.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 08:58 am:

45.5 deg when I got to work this morning, wanted to drive the "T" but the bridges with low speed limits are closed for inspections and such...so I drove the motorcycle. Nice Brisk Ride, Well the Florida winter has arrived and you can drive your "T" without breaking into a sweat,and to boot Hurricane season is almost over. Looking forward to good driving weather

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 09:01 am:

It's the driving season here in Texas. We have 6 months of mostly great T weather starting now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Brian, I am NOT a Michigander!!!! I HATE that term. I'm a MICHIGANIAN!!!

Anyway, being first generation Italian, I have a lot of Mediterranean blood in me and consequently can't stand the cold.

Dave, I love Cracker Barrel.

Royce, I wish I lived in Texas. No offense, but better yet, California. I LOVE L.A.

A few years ago, after the engine on my fire engine was rebuilt, a loopy friend of mine, who shall remain nameless (Jerry Van -- oops) thought it would be great to take the open cab 1923 fire engine out in a snowstorm. We did. It was nuts. It was a blizzard and dumped about 8 inches of snow then turned to freezing rain. As we were driving around, folks were out blowing snow, shoveling snow or, just playing and the looks and smiles we got were great. I'm not on my home computer. I'll post pics when I get there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration