Info on these Master Vibrator coil boxes please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Info on these Master Vibrator coil boxes please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

I don't know too much about early coil boxes. I haven't had any before. Could you tell me what years they were intended for, and if possible what a fair value for them would be. Thanks much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Both KW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 05:45 pm:

Daniel
$50-$100 if you find a guy who want it. They are great for pre 1913 Model T's with original coils where synchronism of the four coils is wanted.
Here is a comparison diagram showing how the circuits work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 06:45 pm:

Daniel,
I rebuild a few of these Master coils and have one working in my woody 1922 model T. As I started with the rebuild, a few of the friends on this forum told me that the MC will break down very fast but I am running with it for three years now without any problem.
Here a few photos of MC and the coils in the coil box. The coils in the box have all bridged contact points and were rebuild before installing them in the car. As I bridged the points the coils have the old points but were tested for good working before I bridged the points.

If you are willing to sell one of these coils, I have interest in the K&W coil on the two first photos.

I just want to add. I started the rebuild and the use of the MC after an article Ron send me a few years ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Andre I sent you a PM.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration