Warford Transmission Cost

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Warford Transmission Cost
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 09:59 pm:

I have an opportunity to purchase a Warford Transmission that has not run for some years and was rebuilt before storage. It comes with the shortened drive shaft. My question is, what is a fair price for the unit.

George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 11:11 pm:

Here are some recent ads over on the classified to give you an idea:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/685683.html?1476738356

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/668251.html?1471291545

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/684854.html?1476658299

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 11:26 pm:

Dan, thanks for the examples, it helped.

George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 01:31 am:

Which model of Warford is it? There are cast iron, aluminum, under/over/direct, under/direct and over/direct. What was rebuilt? Cleaned and painted isn't rebuilt. $150 to $300+ seems to be the going price for ones in not bad shape. I just payed $150 for one of the cast iron 6 speeds and there was another at the same sale that went for the same price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 02:25 am:

My stock answer to such a wide open question is, "How long is a piece of string?"

Mark shows just what I mean. There are so many variables. Condition, type, rebuilt/re-conditioned, etc.

Dan's info helps, but it does reflect the wide variability. There is no substitute for inspection. I bought a nice one at Chikasha. The vendor was clued up enough to leave the top loose so the buyer could check the insides. However, if the info is just to get the seller into a realistic price range, any prices paid may well be a good enough guide.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 10:32 am:

Mark and Allen, I will first see the Transmission Monday afternoon and take your advice in hand. Thanks for helping this newbie, to Model T's.

George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 10:40 am:

Remember too, the inner taper bearing is no longer being manufactured.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

Larry, I read here several months ago that someone found a new source for that center bearing?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration