Ford tire pump finish

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford tire pump finish
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Griffin in Brea, CA on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 11:50 pm:

Could someone tell me what the original finish was on the late brass single-barrel tire pump? (Marked "Ford" on both sides of base). Was it all painted black?
If not, was top cap painted or plated? Piston rod plated as on earlier pumps? Was steel hose clamp painted or plated? It's going on a '25. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 12:14 am:

Good question Greg! I just purchased the same style of pump today at a swap meet and was wondering about the original finish myself. I wonder if the handle was painted too? I'd also like to know if the original hose was red or black rubber, or maybe rubberized cloth? Hopefully we'll both will get some answers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 11:08 am:

I just looked at one I have in my kitchen, and everything is painted black except the brass tube. I did replace the hose with one from Langs, and even though it works, it is limp as can be, and I believe the originals were stiffer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Griffin in Brea, CA on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Thanks Larry! Was the handle painted too? Mine doesn't even show paint in the corners of the counterbores, after cleaning off the crud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration