Spokes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Spokes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven K. Datema on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 05:53 pm:

Does anyone know of someone that does wooden spokes in the western US

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Steven:

Here is a name and address you might check on.

George Garrigan
1984 Via Redondo He an MTFCA memeber
Sonora, Ca
209 533-0468

He does the complete wheel if need be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven K. Datema on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 06:13 pm:

Thanks, I'll give him a call.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Guy in Ridgefield, WA, was mentioned on here about a week ago supposed to be making spokes from Hickory. I didn't write his name down, and now I can't find it. I may be up to spokes soon , and I'd like to find him, if anybody knows. Thank you, Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mundinho Falcao on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

Guy in Ridgefield:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/692930.html?1479208222

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

Tom Dessert is the name of the man in Ridgefield WA who respokes wood wheels.

Contact information.

Tom Dessert
815 NE 235th Street.
Ridgefield WA. 98642
360-910-4362

When you get the wheel/wheels back, all spokes are finish sanded. You will be amazed at the fit where the spokes join towards the flange area. All joints are smooth, with all spokes meeting perfectly. He told me that he measures every fellow and hub set then builds the wheel. That way if there is even a slight variance in a wheel he cam make adjustments on a wheel per wheel bases. The end result is all wheels will have the same degree of tightness. He also rebuilds wood fellow wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 12:59 pm:

Thank you both. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

Or buy the spokes you need (Langs has them $120 per wheel that's for 12 spokes) build a John Regan press and do it yourself...it's cheaper in the long run and works out just as well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration