Cool Rare Earth 1908 Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Cool Rare Earth 1908 Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 12:19 am:

I finally finished an all steel 1908 Model T kit that I received for my birthday in September. The kit is made by Rare Earth Models and comes in two laser-etched panels with punch-out parts. It is ingeniously designed and has a high level of detail. I found it fun to build, but some Amazon reviewers thought it was too difficult.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 01:16 am:

I saw this last month up at Hobby Lobby thought it was kinda neat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 04:15 am:

I have one, given to me for my birthday a year ago. So far I have just admired it in its packet. I will build it soon though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 07:34 am:

They sell these new 1908 Model T's at the Piquette plant.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 07:56 am:

How many times did you cut your fingers? :-)

Is the kit assembled with solder? If not how?

Nice looking model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 10:31 am:

Stephen:

Each of the pieces has small tabs that go into small slots, then you bend the tabs over. The only pieces that didn't work out so well were the windshield supports. I used piano wire for those and some CA+ glue, along with activator to speed up the process.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 11:03 am:

Don't have any pics but I did a couple of brass T kits in N scale for a train layout. Never again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 11:10 am:

I have one of those sitting on my desk that I built. It was fun. Definitely needed tweezers and fine needle nose pliers. I agree that the windshield supports are not right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

I was give a kit for.Christmas a few years ago, right before moving. been sitting ever since. the kit not me, the wife has the world's longest honey due list for me.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration