Brassworks Radiator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Brassworks Radiator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 05:01 am:

I was less than impressed with the fit of my Brassworks radiator for my roadster, and even less with their response to those problems.

Yesterday the situation was reversed. On a 101 degree day, pushing into a headwind up a mile long 7% gradient, I expected to stop at the top and let her cool down before continuing my trip home. Not so, not even boiling, not even rumbling. In fact, I needed a drink more than my roadster.

Things are looking good.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 01:13 pm:

My Brassworks radiator is over 25 years old and even when sitting at a draw bridge for 10 minutes in 95 degree weather in Florida I can barely get the mercury up to the normal line on my '10. Cooling has never been an issue. Unfortunately, the brass work is not even close to the original in quality and I have had a chronic problem with the lower cross piece coming unsoldered from the sides. When it first happened I thought the frame was spreading and splitting it but the dimensions are spot on and it has happened numerous times and each time the dimension has been correct. I think it is a design flaw but they may have corrected it since my radiator is 25 + years old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

Maybe thermosyphon works better in the southern hemisphere.

All of which raises an interesting question. If thermosyphen causes the hottest water to rise in the northern hemisphere, do you need a water pump on a T in the southern ?

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 01:36 am:

Dick,
For many years now we Aussies and most of the Kiwis have been the brunt of hundreds of "down-under" jokes. We're mostly big enough to wear it all without grimacing, but.....
I want to put the record straight with these 2 maps.
They are both self explanatory and show that Australia isn't just a tiny island at the bottom of the world.
Tongue in cheek.....
Cheers,
Rob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration