Steering Column

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Steering Column
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 10:07 am:

Are the difference's between 23 column and a 26 column the gear ratio. The length and bolt patterns the same, I guess my question would be can a 26 be bolted up to a 23. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 10:46 am:

Sam the mounting flange is square for a 26/7 and round for earlier columns. The 26/7 have 5/1 vs 4/1 for the earlier columns. Many prefer the 26/7 ratio and either use the whole column or remove the shaft / gears from the 26/7 column and transfer them to the earlier column housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 11:44 am:

I just bolted up a 26/27 column to my 1915 frame and wood dash. Square mounting flange on the column matched the three presrilled holes in my firewall exactly and I had to drill the fourth. I was told this should work, and so, far, it has
If you need to mount the bracket down on the frame with t the wood block, I had to enlarge the holes on the bottom of the frame slightly to get this particular bracket to fit.
Throttle and timing rods and arms all connected right up.

Good luck with yours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 10:50 am:

John and Robert thank you that is the info I was looking for. Sam

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration