Help in Dating Fan Assembly

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help in Dating Fan Assembly
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 11:30 am:

This fan assembly was on the 1923 T I just purchased. Clearly it's an earlier piece with the boss for the spring but what years? The hub is brass .. not steel.

fan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 11:39 am:

If the hub is brass as you say, that unit would be from a early brass T. My '13s have the same thing, although the grease cup has been modified. You need to post a side view for better identification. You need the aluminum type for your 1923.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 06:02 pm:

Larry, I have a brass hub fan with much more pronounced and deeper pressings in the blades. have you any idea when this might have been used? I suspect it is early, so may even be of US manufacture rather than Canadian.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

Fan and pulley '11-'16

Boss for spring on the arm came off in '13-'14, spring was discontinued in use in 1911.

Elbow and grease cup not like Ford.

(Message edited by Dan_Treace on November 21, 2016)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration