This is a strange one.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: This is a strange one.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1925-Ford-Other-Blue-/222321949993?forcerrptr=true&hash= item33c36bbd29:g:Q-4AAOSwHMJYMwqG&item=222321949993

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 02:19 pm:

Perhaps period authentic ??? I find it suffers from a bad case of aesthetic appeal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

Strange aint the word for it!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

It looks like it may actually be legit, despite the headline description.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

That's what Marks parents said when he was born!..."I guess we have another Strange one here!" :-):-):-)

(Just joking with you Mark Strange)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

They should have learned better when I was born, but they still went ahead and had six more kids after me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 04:25 pm:

i think it's been "re-habulated" a few times, maybe the wheels were re-done in its using life , but they sure aren't from 1925. The front fenders look to me like the "hot rod" fenders offered by J.C. Whitney back in the 60's

A '26 style under-the-hood coil box indicates some re-hashing. Interesting the pop-riveted "VIN number" tag - possibly something demanded by a DMV someplace ?

It wouldn't look quite so goofy with the regular factory artillery wheels and right sized tires . . .

I have seen a couple of commercial bodies by this maker, but they never were on a chassis. Neat enamelled emblem on the radiator shell by the body company !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 04:42 pm:

Mark,

That's because they were trying to get it right! They heard practice makes perfect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

That vehicle was discussed a month or two ago.

If I can find the thread, I will post it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

i like it!!!!!!!!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

I like the tag that states : " Vehicle Identification Number Number".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Looks like mobile home tires to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

I don't like to comment on someone's car or truck for sale but if anyone is seriously looking to buy this I think you need to do your homework first. Perhaps someone in Detroit could check the newspaper archives to see if they have any old pictures of these trucks delivering newspapers.

If you bring up the pictures and use the zoom feature all the trim is screwed on with large screws, most trim of the period was nailed on. Above the windshield isn't painted but shows overspray from the sides, and the tires say trailer tire on the side. The front fenders look like boat trailer fenders.

Please forgive me but this truck doesn't look period correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 04:54 am:

Wooden disc rims???? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 08:32 am:

Those are boat trailer tires!
I would say the body is correct for the story but somebody really made a mess of it.It needs factory fenders and running boards on it and some good T wheels.

I saw this on the page,I must say,they helped the looks of this Sable alot!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Ford-Other-Custom/172413679719?_trksid=p2047675.c10 0010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D39107%26meid %3D367662aebd7341e29ca0df4c8a2979e4%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D222 321949993

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration