Ford Tramps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford Tramps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

I received this book recently for a birthday gift. I've seen it mentioned here several times, but now I can finally read it. Didn't realize that these two young men are/were from Ashland, WI. I hope it'll make those long cold nights go by quicker! (They start about 4:30pm here!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

It's a fun read, especially the stay the two made in FL in the 20's, lots of local points of interest that still are here today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 09:00 am:

Joe, we have some friends who "summer" up in the Keweenaw, Houghton to be exact. I look after their house/property down here while they're UP (little pun) there. Determined to drag the touring up there some late summer for some touring. Just a long trip getting there. Gorgeous area. Pretty neat you can hop on Rte. 41 and go all the way to Miami from Houghton! Now THAT would be one fun T trip! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 11:35 am:

I read it a few years ago and two items stood out:

Their maximum speed was on a Florida concrete road when they reached 25 mph !

There where NO paved roads in Montana....

Great read

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 11:52 am:

More important than the book, Happy Birthday Joe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 11:53 am:

Joe,

Too bad I don't have an extra Frisbee to give you for your birthday. Remember?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

TRY "Sea to Sea in a Model T" a similar story I am sure and fun to read. 2 guys quit their jobs during the depression to travel across America in a Model T to see how the depression is affecting everyone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

Tom, I read that one years ago. I guess it's time to read it again.... Jerry, thanks for the B day wishes. We all still chuckle when we think of the job that Irene did at the Jamboree tour. "OK, you can go sit down now..."

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration