Dumb Question On Accy Belly Straps .....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Dumb Question On Accy Belly Straps .....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

.....that are used as emergency motor support if/when one of the 2 crankcase 'ears' fail. There are 9/16" threaded ends with 2 nuts per end and my dumb question is: do both nuts fasten outboard of the frame-hanging brackets and is one used as a "lock nut"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

Yes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/553736.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

Thank you Lorenzo. I couldn't find that thread. The discussion makes sense so I shall install a nut on either side of the frame rail "hangers". And I have an old mud flap nearly 1/4" thick that I'll cut about a 4"x5". Flap out with a 2"X2" hole for the oil drain plug. This rubber then will cushion the bottom of the crankcase over the belly strap. Wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration