Can anyone identify these items

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Can anyone identify these items
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

Cleaning out some old boxes and found a few of these items, might be late teen Dodge but not sure
Can anyone identify these items
any help appreciated, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Look like house window locks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

Some type of metal framed window locks? Is the circular part graduated at an angle so it would work as a cam lock? Hard to tell from photos. I had some similar on a building one time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

My grandmother's house had sash locks just like that. Her house was built in 1917.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

Huh the funny thing there was an old tag on them that said Dodge, you never know what you will find
in with old car parts, thank you, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Myers on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 04:43 pm:

Robert,
I have an old wood ice box at home that has these same handles that are use for locking the doors. There's another locking clip that attaches to the wood front that the handle rotates over to lock the door from opening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 09:27 pm:

Those are tailgate latches for a wood wagon. Not sure of brand,without some checking, but I'm thinking Hercules. There is a small casting that they latch to. They were made left and right hand, so looks like you have half the market cornered. I think they are right hand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

I also agree with the window latch and ice box latch. I'd say they are most valuable to a woody restorer, though. There are a couple people that do them for a living and would be glad to have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:12 am:

My TT's wooden cab has those latches on it's sliding doors. Yes, they come in right and left hand and there is a mating piece that they close over. I suspect they were made by some hardware company and sold to different industries including retail hardware stores.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration