Need to take out one head bolt....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Need to take out one head bolt....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

I torqued all the head bolts then realized that I need to put a small bracket that holds the commutator wire loom. Should I just leave the bracket off or will I be okay to undue that one bolt then re-torque it? I have not started the motor yet so no head has been applied to the gasket.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Others may have a different opinion, but I'd go ahead and install the bracket. You'll want to re-torque the head after you've run it anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 08:28 pm:

Michael, its not a problem to undue the bolt, especially since you will need to re-torque the bolts a few times anyway. I usually forget to put the horn bracket back on...Actually, its more like every time. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

I actually just found a few photos that show it attached to the bolt that secures the front water inlet pipe. So, I'll just put it there.

John, You bring up a good point....Horn bracket... I don't have a horn yet, but I should get the bracket and install it now I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 08:51 pm:

If it's on your (profile listed) 26, then the horn bracket is on the water inlet and the only thing bolted on the head would be the coil box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

Perfect, then it looks like I don't need to remove any head bolts. Unfortunately, the car came missing a bunch of parts and now I'm trying to figure out what it needs as it goes back together. Thanks for your help guys!

Happy Thanksgiving.
Mike

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration