1909-10 touribg car-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1909-10 touribg car-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 08:07 am:

7 passenger touring car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 10:38 am:

Interesting that they took care to cover the headlamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Azevedo on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 10:42 am:

Would the high filler neck on the radiator make this a 1910?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:51 am:

This T may have later parts on it. The radiator neck should be the short one. The windshield may be the 1912 style. The front wheels may be 30 by 3 1/2. The steering wheel appears to be larger than one for a 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

the windshield i think is 09-10 rands the build sheet for my 10 # 25000 calls for a rands. 1911&12 the windshield frames were the same size top& bottom. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

While my eye isn't always right? I think the front wheels and tires are 30X3 (standard USA front). I also "think" the hubs are 5 1/2 inch early style. I cannot tell, but suspect the rear hubs may be the tapered axle type? (Was that combination even made?)
The radiator does clearly have the later taller neck.
The crank handle looks like it could be brass plated?? The brake handle? Not so much, but you never know. The angle of the sunlight could be just off for it to shine with its flatter surfaces. While the round horn tube and crank handle seem to reflect brightly.
I never have sorted out half the fender changes, so all those bill/no bill fenders still lose me about half the time. These have bills.
Interesting that the headlamps are covered, and there is no generator on the driver's running board. Tank under the rear seat? Or on other side? Or temporarily removed? (Could even have been after-market self generating lamps? Although I think I have only ever seen one T with them?)
No top. Lamps and top may have still been optional?
There are quite a few odd spots on the picture. Makes it difficult to tell. But I think (I zoomed in quite close) that the body has the "two-bolt" bracket near the front. I was thinking that change was made somewhere in 1910?
Wonderful photo!
Thank you all.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

All I keep seeing is that very weird hat on that lady in the back seat!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

I find the dating of the car details fascinating. So often they refute factory records, and the accepted current norms . . . which makes the study of the Model T endlessly fascinating for us "nerds" who find it, well . . . endlessly fascinating !

This picture ? Maybe taken on the occasion of a meeting of the "Goofy Bonnet Society" ?? I'm pretty sure the headgear on those ladies was not what they would wear normally !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

The early teens was the golden age for goofy woman's hats, so this was probably their Sunday's finest :-)

kkkkk
lllll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

I stand corrected Roger ! Thank you for a wonderful reply, and for all the neat period clips you post !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 10:39 am:

Additional information on the photo is that it is the A.J. Edward family of Spivey Kansas.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration