Model T Advertising Gas Gauge Sticks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Advertising Gas Gauge Sticks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Here's a few from past Ebay auctions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 10:30 am:

So that's where they all went! :-)

I don't know what ink they used to print these things, but the ink on mine seems impervious to even the modern gasoline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:22 am:

Thought that myself, Mark !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:45 am:

If you tried them all, you'd find that there's a lot of disagreement about how much gas is in your tank. VOE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:54 am:

LOL, I just noticed the one marketing "Adler-I-Ka" laxitive, said to guard against appendicitis! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

Shhhh....hear that? That's the sound of mouse clicks as everyone heads over to eBay.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

That appears to be the only non-automotive ad--seems like a strange "give-away" for a laxative--doesn't the vibrations of the T take care of that naturally?
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

David,

Maybe the gas you check with that stick is not the kind you put in the tank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:42 pm:

Hey, guys, if you want a fun new gas stick for cheap, check with Piquette. They have new ones for $2.00 each.

I ordered 50 for Christmas giveaways at our club Christmas party. Goes to a good cause and its something every model t owner will appreciate.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 07:22 am:

Hey Brass car guy...I can't make the Christmas party this year so how are you going to fit one of those sticks in my Christmas card?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 08:30 am:

You can order from their web site store for $8.00 in shipping no matter how much you buy.
www.fordpiquetteplant.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

Dennis,

Can do but hope you won't mind if it comes in 4"
pieces to fit in the envelope.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration