New winter project. 1926 T track car.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New winter project. 1926 T track car.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Little on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 10:40 am:

Bought the car for the engine and transmission but am going to build a track car with the frame and extra parts. I have a 1925 Speedster at present but it's more of a rally/touring car that dirt track racer. I know that the '26 and up cars are not the most desirable to use but this will be just a fun track only car. The engine and trans are newly rebuilt and the rest of the car was free. I'm driving my current speedster pretty hard and although it has not given me a stitch of trouble...... I have no idea how to reduce the pictures any further to stay under the 250KB limit but can post other pictures if needed.

image/jp2
IMG_7301.jp2 (91.2 k)
image/jp2
IMG_1527.jp2 (91.2 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:10 am:

Doug
I'm also working on one for next year as well. I believe there are a number of these being built. Potentially 6 events planned

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:12 am:

Doug
To reduce pictures I take with my iPhone, I email them to myself in a reduced size and then use those. Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Little on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:17 am:

Thanks Les! I will try that. Cheers, Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Little on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:46 am:

I will try this....
Pics of my current Speedster "Eric the Red" and some pics of my current project and a few of some cars in the collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Little on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:49 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:51 am:

Great pictures! Well done, Doug. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Little on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Little on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Little on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:59 am:

no idea how the pictures are upside down but you get the picture....lol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

Looks good

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

Hereafter ye shall be known as ...

" Smokin' Doug "

So let it be written
So let it be done

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

I believe the upside down and sideways picture thing happens with mobile devices. I've never encountered it with camera photos.

That photo of #14 in action absolutely kills. What a great shot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Little on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Smoking ended many years ago but I like it!
My plan is to strip it bare and have a light track car. Like these. These fella's that I raced with this summer are true gentleman and as a relatively new comer to the group, made me feel right at home.
Like this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Little on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

I am lucky to have a good friend down here in Medicine Hat named Fred Holt. He has a whole private collection that is simply amazing. He has always great advise and has rebuilt the transmission in #14 for me. He and Terri always have coffee on and always make time for a few stories.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration