Circa. 1919 Sears Auto Parts catalog/leaflet (entire catalog)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Circa. 1919 Sears Auto Parts catalog/leaflet (entire catalog)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:04 am:

I have started scanning all my old catalogs so I do not have to use the original as much. It should help save the original from more wear. So for those who do not get to see the old catalogs , Ill try and post them here as I do them. They are time consuming to do, so they will not be very often :-( This is the best resolution I can get and still fit the forum. Hold down your Ctrl key and hit the + or - symbol to zoom or reduce the pages. Have fun and be safe, Donnie Brown ...

(Message edited by dobro1956 on November 23, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:07 am:

Great pics and a great service Donnie, thankyou! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:19 am:

I wish someone in the family back in the T times would have used some of those Champion primer cup spark plugs at $1.10 each! I have been using 4 of them for years but the price was not $1.10!!! Thank's for the look to the past! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 11:46 am:

I love these old ads. Thanks, for posting them.

A couple of weeks ago. I picked up a Rex running board tire pump at an auction. It was nice to see it right there on page 6, advertised as their best. I wish I could've bought it for $4.10, but I'm sure that in adjusted dollars, I actually got it cheap. If anybody has the correct hose with inline gauge, I'd be happy to pay the $0.40 that it's worth. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

Surprising how things have changed. We normally get 60.000 miles out of a tire today. Back then 6000 miles was good.
Makes me wonder ho many miles we can get from the same tires made today for thirty times the price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

crap everything i own is in that catalog i think i will just scrap everything and order new,ha,ha.if it is not in there it is in my 1920 hardware catalog it is about 20 lbs. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

Thanks for going to the trouble to post these pictures. I really enjoyed looking through these to see what was available and the prices back then. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

Thanks for posting the scans! It is always fun to see some of the items that are listed -- such as those red inner tubes etc.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

I have several of the old catalogs in my collection. The Western Auto catalogs are fairly common, but the Sears and Montgomery Wards auto parts catalogs do not show up as often. I am currently scanning a 1922 Montgomery Ward catalog, so maybe Ill have it posted before long. The catalog I would love to find is an early OTASCO catalog from (Oklahoma Tire and Supply). They seem to be non existent. OTASCO started business in 1918 so they are a Model T parts supplier, but I have never seen a T era catalog. Anyone have one . ???? have fun and be safe, and have a nice Thanksgiving ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

Well, there was a use for old catalogs back then - in the outhouse, so it's very rare to see them saved. Thanks for showing yours, Donnie :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

YES thanks for sharing it BEFORE it went to the outhouse!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:40 pm:

Donnie...THANKS for sharing these! Wow. That had to take a lot of time. This post will be bookmarked so later on I can download the images into my files for future fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 08:51 pm:

Thank you Donnie!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason...........Whittier, CA on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Donnie,
Thanks for putting in the work to scan and post all those pages. Excellent reference material on what was available back then.
Best regards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

I really enjoyed seeing those.

Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 01:35 pm:

Here is a link to a catalog I did awhile back. It is about Model T era camping supplies.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/534330.html?1429199248

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 06:29 pm:

Beautiful! Thank you.
That is a wonderful ad showing the red sidewall tire! I have seen a few original tires like that, but haven't seen many in many years. I wish more people had saved originals just so people could see an example. I sometimes tell people about them, and sometimes they don't believe me!
Years ago, a friend of mine (who's shop I have sadly not been to for almost six years now :-( ) had a red sidewall as well as a green sidewall and a red tread tires all displayed on his shop wall. It does not show up well in black and white photography, but the late '10s and very early '20s must have been colorful on the streets with all those tire options!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration