Speedometer question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Speedometer question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

Stewart speedometer on my '13 (later model, "spool" type indicator, as opposed to "needle" type) works great ! Only . . . the odometer doesn't want to play . . . I managed to reset the trip mileage, but it isn't recording. Any tricks here, advice, or successes with rebuilds ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Rich, You have a broken internal pot metal part that allows the odometer gear to move the season and trip dials. This is a common failure for 1913 speedometers. I hope this helps,
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 08:39 pm:

I know of a guy who could probably fix that !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

Russ, thanks for the tip !
Steve . . . are you going to tell me who he is ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 04:04 am:

Rich, can you feel the tugging on your leg?
You are mean Steve.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 11:14 am:

If Russ can't fix it, try Reynolds Speedometer, 2631 River Reach Drive, Naples, Florida 34104. Sorry, I don't have a phone number or e-mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Thanks Gil !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 11:59 am:

My ill attempt at some humor ! I've been in contact with Rich - thanks for caring !

Waiting for that dang turkey - I'm getting hungry !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration