What are you thankful for today?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What are you thankful for today?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 11:39 am:

I was talking to my wife earlier this morning and reminiscing. Thanksgiving day 1974 was the day I brought home my first Model T. A TT hucksters truck that I still have.
Today is also my son Ted's birthday.
If you remember this story:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/588027.html?1450748143

You will see that my grandfather's name was Theodore. He is one of Ted's namesakes along with another uncle.
Along with my other kids and our grandson and daughter-in-law coming over for the birthday and Thanksgiving there is a lot to be grateful for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 11:45 am:

Family and health ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam "POPS" Humphries Lexington, KY on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

FAMILY, HEALTH, LIFE, FRIENDS and ABOVE ALL "FREEDOM"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

Health, Duty, Honor, Humor, and a strong sense of gratitude.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

Salvation, family, friends. Enjoyed your post Herb. Happy thanksgiving!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

I'm very thankful for my health, such as it is (another Dr. Visit in the near future), my family, a roof over my head (and my Ts), and all the great folks here on the forum--and my ability on dial-up to still visit them!
Happy T-Day, y'all!
David Dewey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

Well said Kim, David, Burger and Sam! Now out to drive the T to see a buddy in hospice care at the VA who is not so lucky as the rest of US

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

I'm with Sam, Burger and Kim. Currently I'm on a Turkey Tour with friends that I've known for over 50 years. It doesn't get any better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

Someone mentioned in another thread what sums it all up nicely: I'm thankful to live in a world where we can enjoy the quirks of these cranky old cars. When you can spend a night futzing with a carburetor that won't behave not because you have to but just because you want to, life has to be pretty good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 08:21 am:

I am thankful for our men in blue. The Dallas Police department was out doing its job yesterday. A group of young punks were caught spray painting graffiti on the wall of a business next door to the local 7- 11. They were arrested and sentenced to 14 days of work release community service. The officers were supervising the prisoners repainting the outside of the business yesterday. One of them asked if I would take his picture in my car.

I was thankful for the privilege.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 10:24 am:

My wife of 50 years this spring,kids,and grandkids!I'm also glad i had a good job that allows me to retire and reflect on the many experances and friends!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

I was widowed 7 years ago at age 52. I am thankful that tomorrow I am marrying a beautiful lady who over the last several years has gone from just a friend to my best friend and now my wife to be. God has blessed us

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 11:48 pm:

Golden corral. Better than the truckstop!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

I'm thankful that my leg - which I broke last Saturday night, doesn't hurt nearly as badly as it did then!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Max L. Christenson on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 03:19 pm:

I am thankful for my wife and third son. We have been married 41 years today, and this is also our third son's 30th birthday. How about that: Having a child born on your wedding anniversary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 03:30 pm:

We went off on a 30 mile tour this morning, and just as we left it started to rain, pretty hard too. We had to drive on one stretch of highway with few passing lanes, but thankfully we made it to our country road with no incidents. I am thankful for that. I don't know what it is, but T's always seem to run so good in the rain!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

I'm grateful that I was born in the United States, for my pretty wife of 57 years, for our 2 kids, their spouses and all 7 grandmonkeys---we are all healthy; physically and spiritually. One grandson still in the military, flying an F-18. As Royce said above---I'm very grateful for our military, our firefighters and law enforcement folks---thanks for your service. God is good and God bless Texas

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration