Body Blocks 1927 Ford Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Body Blocks 1927 Ford Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 08:06 am:

Does any have images or photographs of mounted body wood on a 1927 Roadster. Just actual images of the body blocks actually in place where they are mounted?
I have read lots articles on where they go, I believe photo's are my only hope. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 09:57 am:

You don't see much of them when they're in place. Think of it like this: They fill up the channels in the body subframe, so you can bolt through the subframe channel down into the frame bracket without crushing the channel when tightening the bolts.

The subframe channels are narrow in the rear behind the wheel wells with one of the flanges folded inwards, so the rear blocks are divided to make it possible to get them in place.

I suppose you've read this article: http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/body%20blocks/BodyBlock.htm - and have the correct 1926/27 frame. If you have a 1925 or earlier frame, then I understand the confusion - nothing would fit, the body fastening brackets are in different locations on the earlier frames and the rear crossmember isn't wide enough.

Here's a picture from Dan Treace showing the front body blocks in place in the body:

ffff

And in this thread you can see loose blocks positioned on a frame: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/363592.html?1369581821

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 11:13 am:

In my early '26 runabout they were like this. Note the difference in the rear block. These are the blocks that came out of the car when I dissembled it. Although my blocks had no screws that attached them to the blocks, they should have been there. I assume that the man who assembled my car didn't have time to install them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 11:14 am:

In my early '26 runabout they were like this. Note the difference in the rear block. These are the blocks that came out of the car when I dissembled it. Although my blocks had no screws that attached them to the blocks, they should have been there. I assume that the man who assembled my car didn't have time to install them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Guys, Thank you so much for the help. I still have no idea where the blocks go. Do I need to drill holes in some of the blocks? Still, photo's seem to be the best way to explain to me how they set on the frame.

Still confused on such a simple little thing. I feel so dumb>>>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

My previous message was a bit incorrect. I wrote, "Although my blocks had no screws that attached them to the blocks, they should have been there."
I should have written, "Although my splash aprons had no screws that attached them to the blocks, they should have been there." Splash aprons, not blocks. Also, Can't you see from the photo that I posted and the ones previously posted where they go?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration