Photo - Center Doored!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Photo - Center Doored!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Trouble on the Highway....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

Two cars collided, and at least five stopped by to view the carnage.
The nearest touring car may be a Paige? About a 1916/'17.
The center-door appears to have sidelamps, so pre-starter. The other three touring cars appear to be model Ts, and the top rear lights (windows) are three vertical, so likely late '17 or later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 08:36 pm:

I think I have a copy somewhere,taken from the other side. It was given to me by a guy whose grandfather was an insurance agent in Churubusco, Indiana.The wreck in that picture happened somewhere on the 1913 route of the Lincoln Highway which is now U.S.33 through there. A wagon with a load of barrels on it was involved, also another car you can't see. Looks like you can see a barrel above the rear of the Centerdoor. And, I do believe that is a Paige of that era. I have a Vee radiator for one of those, missing the Paige emblem, darn it. That radiator is a work of art. Made by National Can Company,of Detroit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

There must have been four vehicles involved in that scuffle, because I now see the Paige is missing right headlamp and fender curled up. Indiana was a two license plate state,but I suppose the one on the Paige could have been knocked off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

jim! i have a 1919 mod 55 Paige.fenders would be older than 19. sidelights are right. need better pic to tell about name plate. get me the dia on your rad then i can tell you what mod it is. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 10:00 am:

jim ! that e-mail address wont work. send to my home address. hornsrus@outlook.com.those that come on the no reply never work. charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration