Old Photo - Old Photo - When "Bibb's" Were King!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Old Photo - When "Bibb's" Were King!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 09:57 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 10:13 am:

Once you've wore these bibs, you'll never go back to the conventional jeans/belt set up. "Man they are comfortable", and I wear them (7) days a week with a tie on Sunday morning !!! Must own a piece of the rock at Carhardt by now, started at around age 38-40, best wearing brand on the market !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 10:49 am:

I think I might have worn a bib when I was very young. I know that my grandpa wore one at work. I see two dogs in that picture. What is that thing over the top of the car which looks like a sail?

Here is the picture of me in Bib overalls.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 11:03 am:

Yet another weird spot for the license plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 11:07 am:

Norm,

I think it is a stake bed truck look at the left side it looks like high side slats. I think the canvas is covering the truck bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 11:24 am:

I can't imagine ever wearing a pair of pants again. Bibs are comfortable and like wearing a tool box. I've got on me at all times a pen, soapstone, small crescent, vice grips, flathead screwdriver, leatherman tool with needle nose pliers etc, lighter, 6 ft tape and sometimes more. I wear Liberty so I zip my phone up in the bib and button my wallet up in the bib. I've watched people get married in them and I've carried caskets out wearing them. I got married in them twice, but I ain't doing that again. Plus you are period correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

I love bibs too. The ones with zippered pockets are hard to find. Who makes them and where do you find them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

The best place/cheap place is on the net and i wear Roundhouse made in America!!I have never worn them to a wedding but i wore them to one funeral.Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Me in my bibs fixing a broken axle shaft in Gothenberg, Ne. on our Yellow Stone trip. I grew up on a farm and learned to like bibs then. I wear them when ever I work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Hey Bud, is that you I see in that picture,wearing bibs, of course?

Just wondering.... :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 01:08 pm:

Like Bud's, mine are imported from Okieland. I used to buy Oshkosh before they went yuppie and quit making adult sizes. The only time I wear pants is for weddings and funerals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

Most country boys wore them. Boys at Oak Grove, 1921-22 school year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Nobody said anything about all those hats, I can still hear my Dad saying as I walked out the door"where's your cap". Anyway sounds like great advice from all the guys on the forum that wear them. now that it's getting a little cooler I think it's time I started wearing mine.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

Made me think of this old classic....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETtWPgiR4QA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 03:29 pm:

Dick:

Have you heard the updated version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpF3SMYa0ok

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 03:43 pm:

I don't think I've ever seen Gator in anything else!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

Keith,It can't be me because everyone is at least a foot and a half taller than i am! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

Seabiscuit, with his driver all dressed up in his Sunday best.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 08:16 am:

The last time I wore bibs at work was back in the early (very early) sixties, when I was running a milk route in Groton, Mass.. I would only needed half of this bib as I had a waist measuring 28".

Happy motoring,

Warren

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration