Radiator hoses...which ones where?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Radiator hoses...which ones where?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 04:47 pm:

I've just bought a new set of red radiator hoses.
All wrapped up in the same package they measure 3.5", 4" and 4.5" long. The top one will be attached to a Brass radiator.
So, which length hose goes where?
Thanks & Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

One hose is slightly larger in diameter and fits the cylinder head to top radiator tank. This hose should be the longest one.

The other two are smaller in diameter and fit the block - to pipe - to lower radiator tank. Both of these hoses are generally expected to be about the same length. They may have been cut a little sloppy.

All the red rubber hose kits (sold in the USA anyway) come from the same manufacturer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 05:05 pm:

Thanks Adam.
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

The outlet hose is 2" diameter and was 3-1/4" long during the brass radiator years. The length changed to 3-1/2" with the black radiator and was lengthened to 4" in 1919.

The two inlet hoses are 1-3/4" diameter and was 2-3/4" long during the brass era. They varied in length from 4" to 4-1/2" during the black era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

My thanks to you too R.V.
Much appreciated.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

The hose of the bottom of the radiator will often need to be cut to the proper length to ensure clearance for the timer rod.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

I had to cut the bottom hose to make it fit correctly on my 26 rpu.Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration