Before and after pics...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Before and after pics...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 06:26 pm:

I am getting about half way done my 1926 Model T Touring project. I have the Chassis all done, and the engine cleaned up and put back in the frame. I just need to finish some of the wiring, paint a few misc. engine parts (trans cover, starter, a few brackets, etc.) then the only thing I have left to do is paint the body and reassemble... I think that most of the body work will wait until spring but I am hoping to have the car running in the next few weeks.

In the mean time, let's see some posts of before and after pics of your projects. This will help motivate me and remind me that I'm not the only one who has been in this boat before.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

Before:

pic1

pic2

After:

pic3

pic4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

Mark,

That looks nice! Came out great! Did it come with all the parts (fenders, top irons, etc.) or did you need to buy them all? Mine was missing a bunch of parts when I bought it. I've spent more than I wished to on mine so far but I do it a little bit at a time so it doesn't seem too bad...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

If I'd known then, what I know now, this would have been a parts car.
But knowing that makes me twice as proud.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

I think she looks good either way. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Michael, mine was pretty complete as far as bodywork and mechanicals. It was missing its top bows and top (it started life as a touring car but had been made into a pickup long before I got it), so I bought top irons on Ebay, and top sockets and bows from Lang's. I re-upholstered the seat base and back with a Cartouche kit (came with the car) and installed a Classtique top kit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

Before:

After:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

Fantastic, fun too see these

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 08:03 am:

A Tin Lizzie for Liz, Built this coupe for my sister, A really rough start, but gratifying when you can see the finished product and even make the local, paper. coupecoupecoupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 09:00 am:

Mark, that little pickup came out well!! Love these photos guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

These are great pics! Thanks for sharing. I am hoping to get back out in the garage tomorrow night and get some more done on mine. Almost ready to test fire it... Hoping that I can hear it run before the snow stays for the next 4 months...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 11:11 pm:

Mike, you look for inspiration? I do too sometimes. :-)

What I started with and I had done much assembly already.
Lizzhe 1

On a cruise.
Lizzhe2

And now. It will stay this pretty. God, we've had fun with this car!
Lizzhe3

Oh! You wished for...
Some beautiful T's from meager beginnings! :-)
I do not have a "small" pic of my new Tin Cup in the before state.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

I'll play...

Before...

After...

The new '25 RPU:

Before...

After (in progress)...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Before!!

And After !!!

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 05:03 pm:

Here is my restoration. ;~)

BEFORE

before

AFTER

after

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

I know it's blue. One way to get my daughter's to participate. They chose a color. Has been fun sorting it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

Before:

Rolled into the garage:

Current state:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

Before, during and after. BTW Currently installing splash guards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert J Anderson on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

Before

August 2014 brought back to San Diego from Minnesota

After

2016 Recently completed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

I've heard it said that "Four wheels and board, make a Ford," but them's some mighty fancy wheels and boards!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 01:20 am:

Before...

After...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Spofford on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 11:47 am:

Before, June 2014... Pulling it out of my Dad's garage after a 40 year nap

After, July 2016.. ready for the 4th of July parade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

I haven't done a T that was bad enough before to make a real contrast with after, but I think the before and after shots of my Packard show a bit of a difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:14 am:

My first T was the Coupe, We picked it up in Duluth MN in 1975.

Here it is two years late on the front lawn.

A few year later we bought the 17 Touring from Al Vivian in San Bernadino

Ain't she cute. This was it a few years later, I think it is now in England.

I can't find early pictures of the Speedster, 14 Touring or Town Car.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:37 am:

Very neat guys, keep em coming. Fun watching these !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:58 am:

Before:

After:

However, I must issue my own disclaimer ! As a guy with
too many project vehicles, I bought the "before" truck first,
and then decided to shorten the restoration process by
purchasing the "after" truck as a way to not add another
major project to the list of cars the wifeperson sees plugging
the shop. I recently sold the "before" truck, as I really don't
want two nearly identical trucks. While it was fairly "pretty"
when I got it, the "after" truck is not restored and a lot of
detail and fine tuning was done to make it a decently reliable
old truck.

Currently building a race engine for it to push the high speed
gears and overdrive. I plan to sweep the Montana 500 TT Division. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 04:23 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

Nice Burger! Can not wait to see you win in the TT division!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

Burger, you'll pull "dat trottle" down and it'll sound like a goll danged boat motor!
Oh. John. I don't feel so bad no more.
Nice thread!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration