Scat

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Scat
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold Chambers on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 10:00 pm:

Has anyone every had a scat crank to break in a t ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

Yes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

Royce,is there any warrenty on them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 10:32 pm:

There was no warranty on the one I bought. Mine didn't break though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

I'm aware of one: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/661905.html?1470693189

Have there been any others?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

Yes BUT in the case of the only one that has ever broke it was not a fault of the crankshaft as I remember.
They are definitely the best cranks now available abeit expensive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

I've put a few Scat, Dubats, and NZ cranks in customers engines and haven't had one break that I know of. The secret to crankshaft longevity is understanding that they don't bend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir Atascadero on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 01:02 am:

When I installed a Std SCAT in my TT C cab , I cut about 1" out of the rear hoop to allow the counter weight to freely rotate. It likes to run @ 32 to 37 MPH with plenty left.

0.080 over, Skipe 280 retarded, aluminum Intake, Bendix Od1 Carb, e-timer, Z head,Warford, 5.167 rear gearing.

A couple of years ago I couldn't get in the cab or bend to drive it, so my son has it now. and drives it much more than I used ti

Sincerely

Jim Weir, Atascadero Ca.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration