High compression head finish options

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: High compression head finish options
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis D.W. VanGorder on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 12:40 am:

Hello,
Thanks to you folks I've made contacts, spoken to many locals & received leads from forum members close to me when I was looking at a less than optimal Craig's list Model T sort of near me.
Now I've found an amazing '23 Touring I may purchase very close to me.
The question: I live on a busy rural highway, I'm interested in a high compression head for a little more get up & go to get me to less traveled roads. Can the readily available aluminum heads be painted to better blend in with the engine compartment? Are original high compression heads kind of available?
Thanks again! Travis VanGorder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 12:52 am:

I know it was possible to buy a Prus head in cast iron (as I own one)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 01:08 am:

I don't know if Kevin is ever planning another run of the cast iron head. I bought the last one that he had (at the time) at Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 01:12 am:

It is strange that period aftermarket heads are available in cycles. I sold my Simmons head at Chickash and had sold a Ricardo head within a month of the meet. I haven't seen an aftermarket head for sale on Ebay or the MTFCA classifieds, since then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 01:23 am:

And as for paint, sure, any color you like!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis D.W. VanGorder on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 01:34 am:

As for paint I'm assuming high temp stove type paint? The engine on the car is already black so if black stove paint will hold up on aluminum i'd be good. I would prefer cast iron. Les & Terry, would you have contact information for Kevin Prus?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 09:25 am:

LOL your Model T engine is not a stove. Use black engine enamel. It works great on the whole engine, including the cylinder head.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration