IGNITION SWITCH REPAIR

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: IGNITION SWITCH REPAIR
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 02:05 am:

The only info I can find on the forum goes back to 2013. Lot of variation in responses. Anybody have recent experience with the rebuild kit from Lang's? I need to rebuild the switch for my '26.
Thanks, Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 06:49 am:

I just bought one from Gas Light Auto for my 26 and it works great and it was easy to install. Just make sure the wires are in the correct position.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 09:14 am:

Depending on what's wrong with your switch, you may not need to spend the $36.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/667497.html?1471100711

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 10:39 am:

Call Ben Martin at 404 789-6350 He re-built mine and it absolutely works perfectly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Spadafore on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 10:51 am:

I second Steve's suggestion. Mine had weak connections inside and couldn't get a positive engagement when switching over to mag. I opened it up, cleaned the contacts and slightly bent the contacts up. The sandpaper method worked great to level the back and expose the contacts. Mine were kind of swallowed up by the cardboard. I have the tab-type back, so I annealed the tabs with a propane torch to keep them from breaking off when I closed it back up. Works like it's supposed to now and didnt cost a penny.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Thanks for the info. I did just like James & have the same results!!!
This forum is great!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration