OT - The "K" rides again.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - The "K" rides again.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

I've been absent for some time due to personal issues. However, it took medical help to get me and the K out on a brisk morning Saturday. Click on the link for the video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nci5j2zgkvufnfc/Video%20Nov%2026%2C%2012%2032%2053%20PM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

Rob,It's great to see you back on all fours again!!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Very nice video.

Do you ever run at night and if so how bright are the headlights?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 06:01 pm:

Nice video, Rob. How fast do you dare go?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

Great video and love the music! Question: is your doctor friend from South America? From the way he's dressed up it looks like he's about to take an expedition to the North Pole!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:22 am:

If anyone has the notion of being this close to a K...
It IS wonderful... Really.
Glad to see you back here Rob!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 02:39 am:

I am so pleased to see that link, and watch the video! For a few minutes, it just takes me back to drives I've done in the past. Cold, fog, even snow, I have enjoyed open antique cars in. And, boy-oh-boy, can that cold cut right through you at speed!
Your music choice, again, enhanced the experience. The first selection? Took me about one second to recognize. Someday, maybe I'll waste a couple minutes of everyone's time and explain why that is slightly ironic. But it was a perfect choice!
Do drive carefully, and enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 06:18 am:

Rob,

I too am glad to see you back! Great video. Brings back memories of when I used to go home and visit my Dad over Christmas. We would get the T out and go for a ride. Most folks thought we were crazy, but it was some of the richest times we had together. We usually removed the top 2 floorboards to allow the engine heat to help warm the feet.

Welcome back!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

Hi Rob, Ya, it's good to see you back, and thank you for the ride in the K on that frosty morning!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

Thanks guys. It's been a tough year.

Bud, I love ya.....

Denny, thank you. Yes, the acetylene lights do pretty well. The worst time I have is when I meet a modern car, and my night vision drops. Then the gas lights are a little lacking. I've learned to keep one eye closed when meeting a car, then have one eye that still has night vision.

Jim, we took her up to over 60 on this run. My record is 72.2 GPS. The Roadster was guaranteed to go 70, an I wanted to prove it to myself. Probably never again......

Bill, actually Greg is from North Dakota. I think us old Nebraska farm boys may be tougher than a lot of people think........ :-)

Duey, you would know. Duey rode in our K for a brief time in Minnesota. He is a great guy, and I look forward to seeing him in MN again....

Wayne, you such a great guy and friend. I always look forward to your kind and informative posts. Thank you.

Hap, like Wayne, you are one of the long time gentleman of our forum. Always great to see your kind, and informative posts.

Keith, you've been there from the start of my "K affliction" when you helped limp that K touring onto my trailer. Who would have ever thought.........

Thanks guys, I've missed you and the forum.
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 12:47 am:

Rob, Thank you for your kind words!
Do spend some time here, for your sake. You have many friends in this hobby, and on this forum.
Do drive carefully, and enjoy! W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration