Old Photo - Model T Era - Cop's Bird's Eye Street View

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Cop's Bird's Eye Street View
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 11:19 am:

They managed to coax him in with a box of donuts! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 11:22 am:

He had strong arms and no fear of heights. Willing to take a risk, however what if he needed to pull a gun?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 11:26 am:

Wow. I hope his life insurance premiums were paid up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 11:56 am:

Cop or some kind of Military Service uniform?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

I'll go with military. I'll also go with the photo having a superimposed background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

A good friend of my fathers was arrested in NY city in the late thirties for doing a handstand and walking on his hands around the ledge of the hotel he was staying in. His wife refused to bail him out and left NY that night to return home to Pennsylvania and when my father ask her "How is Eddie going to get home?" her reply was "If he likes to walk on his hands so much, let him walk home on them!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Notice the dirt under the vertical beam, something one usually doesn't see on highrise building construction. I'd say Hollywood set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

Harold Lloyd must know this guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

Charlie, I think you are correct. I see what looks like a pair of wings (probably air force) on the flap of his left shirt pocket.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

Real or fake, just looking at the picture gives me the willies !

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

"Real or fake, just looking at the picture gives me the willies!"

Says the man who likes to fly around in cloth covered Aeroplanes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

I keep thinking British. Can't put my finger on it though. The back round is quite dicey in both photo's but I know the Harold Lloyd shot is real as in actually photographed/filmed without a fake back drop. The camera angle hides the roof which is just below his feet. He's off the ground but only has a few feet to fall. Come to think of it I believe it was here on the Forum that the "whole" shot of Lloyd was posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 09:41 am:

The background is Times square in New York City, looking north.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 09:05 am:

It's fake...the skyscraper beam is set in dirt...the clue is the tarp and how it's been feathered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

Looks like a German army uniform to me.
See the wings.
Did the U.S. service men every wear boots like that?
The traffic is driving on the right side of the streets so it's not filmed in England

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 10:56 am:

I think it's a British WW1 uniform. Picture below is the guy who shot down the Red Baron. Uniform seems like an exact match. What this guy's doing making believe he's hanging out over Times Square in NY, I have no idea!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration