Old Photo - Model T Era Parts Store

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era Parts Store
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 11:21 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 05:25 pm:

I would have no problem sitting down in that chair and "feeling right at home"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

I believe that that is a Mission style rocker.
When did Mission style come into being?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Herb,

From Wikipedia:

Mission furniture is a style of furniture that originated in the late 19th Century. It traces its origins to a chair made by A.J. Forbes around 1894 for San Francisco's Swedenborgian Church. The term mission furniture was first popularized by Joseph P. McHugh of New York, a furniture manufacturer and retailer who copied these chairs and offered a line of stylistically related furnishings by 1898. The word mission references the Spanish missions throughout colonial California, though the design of most Mission Style furniture owed little to the original furnishings of these missions. The style became increasingly popular following the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo in 1901. The style was popularly associated with the American Arts and Crafts movement.[1]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Henry, You beat me. What you said on Mission furniture is correct. I think that the sales room in the photo
is in the early 20's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration