Mystery Parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mystery Parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Benjey on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

Does anyone know what these parts are for? I bought most of a 1926 chassis with running gear and an uninstalled depot hack body of unknown origin. Also included in the package were some unidentified parts.
MysteryParts
Each has what looks like a fresh saw cut on one edge suggesting that they were either originally one piece or were cut off of something else. Assistance in finding out what they are would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 06:47 pm:

'26-'27 Front fender brackets to the frame, now sawn away so the riveted stubs still should be on that frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

Someone cut those off so they could the earlier fender irons on. I have committed the same offense. 35-40 years ago, in my part of the world no improved car fenders existed. Everything else did. But no fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

Yep. I, too, will admit to having committed that same offense many years ago. In my case, the rear cross-member had previously been so disfigured as to be nearly useless. So the frame was no loss as a '27 or late '26.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Benjey on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

Thanks, guys. Now I know the rest of the story.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration