Emergency Brake Handle Modification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Emergency Brake Handle Modification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Does anyone remember a post or have information on how to move the brake handle to the rear for a speedster? I saw it and a diagram somewhere but didn't remember where. It took two brake units and one was cut and used with a rod. Thanks for any info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

Is this the post?
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/522583.html

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Dennis, thanks that post was very good with moving the handle to the left and outside. The one I need is you move the handle to the rear and run a short rod up to the original position using two units to make one. It just brings the handle back where it can be reached, with the modification it also extends it outside of the car. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

Like this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 10:56 am:

Gary thanks that is what I was looking for. Thanks MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

Nice job Gary. Now can you show me how to do this for reverse on a speedster I'd be loving it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 10:39 pm:

Vol. I of the Tinkering Tips books has a drawing for the lever relocation. Problem is the drawing is reversed.

Richard, I installed the extension for the brake pedal that the vendors carry. Really helps.
Gary

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration