Stanley's new bed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Stanley's new bed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

It has a ways to go but it is coming along pretty well. Nice way to spend the cold snowy days this winter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, November 28, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

Nice work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 07:26 am:

That is a very nice truck bed but I do see one problem...Your shop is way to clean!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 08:00 am:

Looks great Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 08:07 am:

Well done sir!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 08:19 am:

Here is another Stanley bed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 09:51 am:

Dennis, I wuz thinkn' the same thing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 10:02 am:

Looks good! Just needs some paint and some period lettering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

I get a lot of drop-jaw stares when I drive mine. I am imagining it
would be 10x as funny if we got both of them together for some
haulage through town. Pile 'em cab high with lumber or hay (loaded
chicken crates would be the ultimate) and just go fishing for open
mouths and pointing fingers. Besides, a guy's gotta get his chickens
out every now and then, right ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 03:25 pm:

Burger we should see about doing that next summer sometime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

Beautiful bed on your truck!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

Steve & Burger, Oooh, I LIKE your ideas! If'n ya do it, put an old mattress on the roof--and a rocking chair!!
:-)
Hmm, that might be overkill. . . . Be sure and wear an old floppy hat, now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 12:18 am:

Beautiful Steve, just beautiful. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 12:45 am:

Steve,

Let's link up for some teaser stuff during harvest. Get coordinated with some
farmer/s to "help out". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 06:59 am:

Hauling corn home from mill is a blast. After harvest i fill gravity wagon straight from the farm for heat. Cant wait till TT is going . That will be a hoot. Not sure i can pull a 6000 lb wagon with it? May be a little dangerous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 07:03 am:

Didnt post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 07:35 am:

Burger, may I join with my pickup? I can supply my own chickens.

Don't say "yes" unless it is really OK. I won't consider you a TT snob if you say "no", except perhaps behind your back. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

Dallas,
If the hill's that steep, it'd be dangerous even with a modern truck!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

TT snob ? Of course ! But I am OK with any truck so long as it isn't an "Improved"
model. SO EMBARRASSING ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 03:25 pm:

An "improved" snob and a TT snob. I guess I'll haul my chickens by myself. :-)

Once you go non-black, you'll never go back!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

Black Trucks Matter !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 06:41 pm:

Maybe we should find a load of hogs to haul? Now that would be an attention geter. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

ALL trucks matter. Burger, you're a MOTORIST!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

As a somewhat "Improved" type of guy I feel left out and my feelings are hurt :-) :-) Now Im going to have to go talk to my therapist again :-( :-( Have fun and be safe (even if we are not invited) Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 06:48 pm:

Oh yea, I forgot to say. Steve, that is a very nice looking bed on that TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 09:18 pm:

Not only am I a convicted motorist, but the parole board says I am
highly likely to reoffend ! Hide the women and children !

I have no interest in cleaning up after the hogs, O/W that would be a
real head turner ! Post-swine slop is pure nasty.

Donnie, sorry for the lack of invite, so let me open this up to anyone
fool enough to show up in a TT or T truck.

Now, about this Improved car business .... I never cared for sneaky
people, and this whole thing of trying to pass-off a Model A as a T is just
downright sneaky. I can't condone it ! There is no excuse for headlight
bars and/or sneaky-slick rounded fenders ! It's an embarrassment, I
tell ya ! Get a REAL T or go home !!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Steve, I have a question for you. Is the timber you used for the bed sides heavy plywood? It looks like the rotary cut stuff we can get, but 1/2"is about as heavy as we can get before going to clear grade with fancy veneers like T firewalls.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay F. Cramer on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

I second the chicken idea. My dad got started in the transportation business back in the early 20's hauling poultry and eggs from Dixon, IL, to Chicago--98 miles, all day trip in a TT. They sent the trucks out in pairs along with planks, shovels and block & tackle, so if one got stuck the other could pull him out. There were places where they would have springs in the middle of the road when the ground thawed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

Allan I used 3/4" Douglas Fir plywood, sanded both sides for the side boards and head board. For the deck I used some hand picked larch tongue and groove 2X6. Since those pictures were taken I have taken it back apart and stained everything with a walnut oil based stain and will finish it off with a couple coats of clear sealant. All the metal hardware will be black. When I get it finished and back together I will post a couple more pictures. Guess maybe I won't be haulin any hogs it after all. LOL

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration